Saturday, March 20, 2010

Prayerful Consideration: Pt. 3, Give us this day our daily bread

Christ's next line, "Give us this day our daily bread" is one that calls for our dependence on God to provide for us. Bread is the most simple, most basic food. The choice of bread seems to imply that we are asking not just for food, but for all our basic needs. Bread is not fancy or extravagant, so it would seem that we are asking God to provide within our own needs.

God has done this in a few fun ways lately.

A few weeks ago I had an empty gas tank and no money to fill it. I had to be in Fostoria in 50 minutes to sub. God provided in the form of a hungry friend who needed me to get him some pancake mix, who in exchange filled my tank.

Also, lately I have had many other great friends offer to buy me a meal with out any questions asked.

There is also Renhill paying me part of my first paycheck early, allowing me to pay for my car insurance.

It would seem that God simply providing is a tremendous blessing, and somewhat miraculous. I think God likes to wait for opportunities like the above to remind us of just how good He is. Although I may have been close sometimes, I never was without my basic needs. God is good, and he certainly has provided me with "daily bread" all my life.


Next time, "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment